Thursday, September 3, 2015

My First Marriage Bureau Experience !!

Hmm.!! So i always never  wished to go to a Marriage Bureau, yet at the same time i always knew that God sometimes works in different ways. So one of a very close uncle lead us to a Marriage Bureau, and this was a church i really respected. So i had given my photograph and biodata which was listed in the file for ' Post Graduate - Brides '. So it was a monday evening and i was there along with my uncle.

As soon as i entered in, the sister in charge ( a very aged women), looked at me and said, ' you look so different, look how you appear in this photograph'. I just smiled. Then i was given files and asked to first consider the age and decide. I nodded. Yet it was then i realized 'how spiritual i was'. On my way back home i had to repent of many thoughts that i had in my mind that day.

Instead of looking at other details, my eyes right away fell on the photographs.! And next was height ! And next was education ! And then expectation ! Doesn't sound very spiritual right ?

Thank God, He was faithful to show me my shortcomings..!! Thank You Lord..!!!

At the same time, there were some hilarious things too..!! I was amazed at how bold,open  and faithful people could be. Like some fair brothers had written (in the expectation column) - Should be beautiful !! Wow !! Fair !!!

This was a nice thing i noticed. Almost everyone had put down a very realistic figure about their salary. I was happy to see that. There were even 4 figure numbers.

Also very recently my eyes fell into this thing and i laughed out really loud. Someone had described about himself as V.fair .....!! Pahhh.....and there was another..V.V Fair !! huhhhh!!! I am speaking about  guys here !

Yes, got little attracted at this particular biodata ;) An Assistant Commissioner or something ... WOW !! Height some 6.3 feet ,....!! Cool..!! Then i read the expectation - want a girl of not less than 5.5 feet..ha ha ha..!! I laughed out !!! Had a nice experience though !!

Then was the climax..!! I suddenly noticed that the particular sister ( in charge) was observing me as i was flipping the pages very fast. So i just pretended as if i was seriously reading through each bio data ;). Then she said in a very loud tone, and this was so embarrassing in front of every other couple sitting there. 'Look at this girl, she pointed at me'. What kind of a picture she has submitted. She looks so different. You look good this way. Go..! Go and get another..there is a studio outside!! I didn't know where to hide my face. Thank God, Uncle was with me. I just smiled at everything. Then after a pause, she said. So everyone sitting here ....don't decide by just looking at a picture. That person might be looking much better than that.

Hmmm...!! So Uncle had picked out one and asked me !! I just nodded and we collected the information. That sister asked me openly..Soooo yettane pudhichiruka ? ( How many did you like ?) I looked at uncle. He replied for me ..! :)

Then we said good bye and left. Before leaving she reminded me again...!!

The very thing of choosing someone seeing a photograph !! hmmm!!! Yet God has united many of His children this way too..! So.....................!! So.................!!!

Had another hilarious moment while getting this picture done. Slightly fake smile ;) Isn't it !!


No comments:

Post a Comment